Re: Compile problems with 2.4.16 and Fedora 10

Rick Stevens wrote:
Beyond that, compilation bombs when it hits
libraries/liblutil/lutil_getpeerid.c:

getpeereid.c: In function ‘lutil_getpeereid’:
getpeereid.c:65: error: storage size of ‘peercred’ isn’t known

"struct ucred" is defined in<asm/socket.h>  and the compile doesn't seem
to be picking that up.  Never had this issue with 2.4.10 or 2.4.11.

It seems your libc must have changed since the last time you compiled this code. For whatever reason, you now need to define _GNU_SOURCE when compiling getpeerid.c. I've been opposed to adding this in our CVS but it looks like it's becoming a more frequent problem now.

Hints?  Suggestions?
- Rick Stevens, Unix Geek                          rps2@socal.rr.com -
-        Polygon: A dead parrot (With apologies to John Cleese)      -

  -- Howard Chu