Re: sync problem

Title: Leonardo de Souza Carneiro
Hi Gavin and everyone,

The openvpn link is ok and both servers have visibility of each other. In fact, the vpn doesn't just link the 2 servers, both the whole networks.
About slurpd and syncrepl, now that you said i suppose that syncrepl is a improved way of replicate the server (i really don't know the difference =P). Can i do a 2-way replication with syncrepl (every change in each server will be replicated to the other one)?
I'll read about and give a try. Tks for the info.

Gavin Henry escreveu:
----- "Leonardo Carneiro" <lscarneiro@veltrac.com.br> wrote:

Hi everyone,

i'm no ldap expert at all. in fact i'm very noob.
a few months ago i'd configured 2 ldap servers. they were set in 2
separated networks, and syncronized via a openvpn link. all was
working
ok when when about a month ago they stop syncing. the replogfile is
empty.

main server (piece of slapd.conf):
replogfile /var/lib/ldap/openldap-master-replog
replica host=192.168.0.2:389
 binddn="cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
 bindmethod=simple credentials=[pass]

secondary server (piece of slapd.conf)
updatedn "cn=root,dc=dominio,dc=com,dc=br"
updateref ldap://192.168.1.2:380

Here are some quick questions you need to answer:

1. Is the VPN still working?
2. If so, can I contact each directory server?
3. Why have I not migrated from slurpd to Syncrepl?

Once you verify all the standard system administration debugging steps to yourself,
please come back with specific questions about OpenLDAP, then we can help! ;-)

Thanks,

Gavin.

--

Leonardo de Souza Carneiro
Veltrac - Tecnologia em Logística.

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada.
Se você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o.

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.