Re: openldap getting very slow

--On Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:36 AM +0200 Thomas van Oudenhove <vanouden@univ-toulouse.fr> wrote:

the total size is:
# du -c -h *.bdb
[...]
136M	total

Your lock/locker/lock object settings look fine.

we have some 38,185 entries in the database (between 37,000 and 40,000,
depending on the days...), and the cachesize is:
# grep cachesize DB_CONFIG
set_cachesize 0 268435456 1

Your BDB db cachesize is 256MB then, which is more than sufficient for your 136MB database.

however, I do not have an "idlecachesize" setting, neither in DB_CONFIG,
nor in slapd.conf...

However, you missed my point about the "cachesize" setting in slapd.conf (NOT DB_CONFIG). You should have a cachesize setting in slapd.conf (of probably 45000 and a similar idlcachesize setting in slapd.conf as well).

I just noticed I left the "allow bind_v2" directive in slapd.conf, could
it be the cause of bad performance ?

Unlikely.  How exactly are you measuring performance?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer