Re: can't delete bdb backend from cn=config

Am Montag 30 März 2009 09:41:30 schrieb Michal Rejda:
> > Am Freitag 27 März 2009 08:51:57 schrieb Michal Rejda:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I?m trying to delete olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config using ldapmodify:
> > >
> > > dn: olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
> > > changetype: delete
> > >
> > > But the server answer is:
> > >
> > > deleting entry "olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config"
> > > ldap_delete: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
> > >
> > > I'm performing this operation as rootdn why can I not delete the entry?
> >
> > back-config does not support the deletion of complete database, overlay
> > or schema entries by default. There is however experimental delete
> > support for databases and overlays. You can enable that by building with
> > -DSLAP_CONFIG_DELETE.
>
> I'm able to delete the overlay now. But I cannot delete the database. What
> I'm doing wrong?
The code for deleting databases is only available in HEAD currently it seems.
If you really need that feature you might want to try backporting it. IIRC it
is mostly in the config_back_delete() function in servers/slapd/bconfig.c. But
this is experimental code, so you have been warned ;).

--
Ralf