Re: Problem with searches

If I understand correctly you have one master and 4 replicas, and you are querying the replicas. What replication method are you using? If you are using syncrepl you can look at the contextCSN to determine if the replicas are in sync. The query looks like:

 ldapsearch -h server -b dir-base-dn "objectclass=*" -s base contextcsn

You will want to compare the master to the replica and if the two are in sync the values will be the same.

If you are using slurpd you would look at the slurpd.status and slurpd.replog files and compare the last time that you see in the slurpd.replog with the values you see in the slurpd.status. When everything is synced up the times should all matched.

Even though you say there where no modifications it is nice to be sure that the replicas are all in sync before you look at other causes.

Bill