Re: slapadd performance

> Since you've already loaded your database, you can of course easily
> gather
> the statistics on how big your DB is, and thus what the required
> DB_CONFIG
> settings would be to load it via slapadd in the future.
>
> Cd <data dir>
>
> du -c -h *.bdb
>
> Whatever that total is, is the total size you need DB_CONFIG to be to
> get
> optimal performance.  In another note, there is no reason to split the
> BDB
> cache into multiple memory regions (3 0 2) on 64-bit systems, and in
> fact
> past tests I did showed that this decreases performance.  I'd suggest
> (X 0
> 1) instead (where X is your updated value based on the results of the
> du -c
> -h *.bdb command.

Also have a read of these two pages for more info:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/ref/am_conf/cachesize.html

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.

Subject to disclaimer at http://www.suretecgroup.com/disclaimer.html