syncprov_db_open: invalid config, lastmod must be enabled

Hi,

I'm running slapd 2.4.15 on FreeBSD 7.1.  I'm trying to work with the "chain" overlay.  I've enabled the LDAP backend, and as soon as I put:

overlay chain

in slapd.conf, I start getting this in my error log:

syncprov_db_open: invalid config, lastmod must be enabled

Lastmod is enabled.  I'm attaching my config file to this e-mail, as well as one restart worth of log file.  Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!

Tim Gustafson
BSOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu