Re: "slapadd could not parse entry" & "ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)" errors

This is what I thought, but what schema defines "domain"?

Thanks for the help.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
--On Friday, March 06, 2009 4:51 PM -0500 Yan Simkin <bushmills@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to import the LDIF file (attached), but both comands return an
error. The "slapadd" says there's a problem to parse and entry and the
"ldapadd" announces syntax problems. I've been fighting that for a whole
day, no success.

I attach hereto the LDIF file, the CONF file and both error outputs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
      additional info: objectClass: value #2 invalid per syntax

That means the 3rd objectClass value (as they are zero based) is not valid. Either you are missing the schema for it (i.e., you haven't loaded it), or it's not an objectClass.  Fix your data.

It would look like it doesn't like:

objectClass: domain

so you need to fix why it doesn't like that OC.  Maybe you didn't load the schema that defines it.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer