Re: RE24 (2.4.15) slapd consuming large amounts of CPU

FRLinux wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Russell Jackson <raj@csub.edu> wrote:
>> openldap-sasl-client-2.4.15_1 Open source LDAP client implementation with SASL2 support
>> openldap-sasl-server-2.4.15 Open source LDAP server implementation
>
> openldap-sasl-client-2.4.14 Open source LDAP client implementation
> with SASL2 support
> openldap-sasl-server-2.4.14_1 Open source LDAP server implementation
>
>>        libdb-4.6.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.6.so.0 (0x800abd000)
>
> libdb-4.6.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.6.so.0 (0x281d8000)
>
>> # uname -r
>> 7.1-RELEASE
>
> 7.1-RELEASE
>
>> I did have a weird problem with two replicas where the indexes were apparently screwed up
>> immediately after priming them with slapadd. Any search on an indexed attr would return
>> the same partial results across both slaves. Running slapindex fix the issue, but I'm
>> still perplexed.
>
> it core dumped but added all entries no problem, still unsure...
>
> I'll be recompiling the system to -STABLE next week, then will upgrade
> the ports.

The FreeBSD STABLE branch isn't intended as an end-user resource. It is only "stable" in
the sense that the developer ABI is stable (e.g. a binary compiled for 7-STABLE will link
and run fine on any 7.x release); it is, however, still very much a _development_ branch.
End users should stick to the official releases on production machines.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/current-stable.html

--
Russell A. Jackson <raj@csub.edu>
Network Analyst