Re: uidNumber doesn't match after slapd-upgrade

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

On 05.03.2009, at 13:51, Michael Ströder wrote:

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

Sorry if this question has been asked before (but I have looked through the archives and didn't find anything). After upgrading from debian etch to lenny, I'm running the slapd version 2.4.11-1. The upgrade worked without any itches except for one thing - it seems I can't search for the attribute uidNumber anymore.

1. 2.4.11 is quite old. I'd recommend to use a more recent release.

I like to stick to debian stable, automatic security fixes are important for me. I'm not the compile-it-yourself guy.

2. Not sure what your upgrade path was. uidNumber is indexed? So I'd
suggest to stop slapd and re-index the whole database since the index
format was modified.

thanks, as stated in my other e-mails this was the answer I was looking for, I didn't know about this (and didn't think of it).

Note that when changing between minor versions it is usually required to slapcat/slapadd the database, as binary compatibility is not guaranteed. In the case of OpenLDAP 2.3/2.4, as far as I recall, no database changes occurred. However, there were minor changes (significantly, support for indexing on more matching rules for more syntaxes) which required to rebuild the indexes.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309