Re: RE24 (2.4.15) slapd consuming large amounts of CPU

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Russell Jackson wrote:
>> # pkg_info | grep openldap
>> openldap-sasl-client-2.4.15_1 Open source LDAP client implementation with SASL2 support
>> openldap-sasl-server-2.4.15 Open source LDAP server implementation
>>
>> # ldd /usr/local/libexec/slapd | grep libdb
>>         libdb-4.6.so.0 => /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.6.so.0 (0x800abd000)
>
> It seems you're using pre-built binaries. Are you?
>
> Are you sure Berkeley-DB was built with all the relevant patches?
>
> Take note of the links (number of patches) on this page and grab the
> patches relevant for your version of BDB:
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/db/index.html

There may be a bit of misunderstanding. I was verifying with FRLinux that bdb 4.6 works
fine with slapd 2.4.15 on FreeBSD. The part about the indexes may have just been something
stupid I did without realizing it. I haven't had any trouble since.

But to answer your question. I'm not running pre-built binaries. The packages were built
from source using the FreeBSD ports system.

 # grep ^PATCHFILES /usr/ports/databases/db46/Makefile
 PATCHFILES=     patch.4.6.21.1 patch.4.6.21.2 patch.4.6.21.3

So it has three of the four patches. I'm not sure how critical the fourth one is, but I
suppose I should hit up the port maintainer about the missing patch.

--
Russell A. Jackson <raj@csub.edu>
Network Analyst

Seeing is believing.
You wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't believed it.