Re: delta-syncrepl missing changes

--On Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:24 PM +0100 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

You may consider the 2.4 branch stable -- but I'm still seeing way too
many problems being reported to consider any release of 2.4 for
production work.

Well, the amount of problems being reported might be higher for 2.4. But this does not say anything about stability of your particular configuration. One of the reasons for more issues being reported for 2.4 probably is that many deployments were already migrated to 2.4. So naturally if less people are using 2.3 there will be less issues reported.

I would say I consider current 2.4.15 more stable than 2.3.43 when using the same feature set. In particular because of numerous fixes for issues that are currently found in 2.3.43. I of course have no idea whether or not any of those fixes addresses your particular issue. I haven't seen this, and all my installs use delta-syncrepl. I'm wondering if it could be related however to ITS#5985. How many replicas do you have total? If there are ones in particular that fall way behind, do they end up falling back into full refresh mode?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer