Re: Precluding hardware-dependent issues

Michael Ströder writes:
> So I currently suspect that there's a processor-dependent optimization
> done especially in the BDB build. How can I avoid that? See the current
> BDB build script below. Any other suspectible compile time option?
> (...)
> export CFLAGS="-O2"

CFLAGS= -O1 or -O0 spring to mind.

Also, try --enable-umrw.  That prevents DB from writing uninitialized
data to disk when the actual values are unimportant.  Maybe DB makes
unwarranted assumptions about how free one can be with uninitialized
data, and your VMware/hardware combination triggers on it.

--
Hallvard