Another Lock Table question

db-4.5.20
openldap-2.3.39

This is the first time that I noticed the message "Lock table is out of available locker entries" in my ldap.log file.

I googled for help and found this link:
http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/893.html . Unfortunately those explaination are very alien to me. While reading some other links from the Google search, I decided to try putting these lines into my DB_CONFIG and restarted slapd
set_lk_max_locks 8000
set_lk_max_lockers 8000
set_lk_max_objects 8000

(heck I don't have the slightest clue what they are for)

All applications that are dependant on ldap are now working. Is/are there a possibility that I will encounter this same problem again in the future? Is yes, is there anything that I can do to totally eliminate it?

I really appreciate all help. TIA.

--
Roger

-- Sign Up for free Email at http://ureg.home.net.my/