Re: How to configure value returned for dnsHostName?

Eli Bach <ebach2@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using openldap-2.3.41, but even searching through the mailing
> lists and the docs for v2.4, I can't see how to configure the value
> that is returned by the server to a client.
>
> A client library connecting to my server happens to make use of this
> as part of it's SSL verification, and it fails because it doesn't
> return a value.

For SSL/TLS verification you have to create the  appropriate
certificates and configure slapd and directory user agents to request
and present this certificates.

> Digging through sources, a number of ldap clients request dnsHostName,
> but I can't find where in the openldap source it would get returned.

dnsHostName is not part of OpenLDAP source code, but is part of Active
Directory design.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung