Re: Proper Settings for DB_CONFIG

--On Monday, February 02, 2009 1:48 PM -0800 Tim Gustafson <tjg@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

So my questions are:

1. Where should I be putting my Berkeley DB configuration options,
especially related to automated checkpoints and automatic log removal?
slapd.conf or DB_CONFIG?

Whichever you prefer. All doing it in slapd.conf does is make it create a DB_CONFIG file with those options. I will note that the "checkpoint" directive in slapd.conf is not a DB_CONFIG file option.

2. Is there some other option I have to use to have slapd actually remove
old log files once they're not needed for a transaction anymore?

The option to remove old log files is a DB_CONFIG option that you can put into slapd.conf. See the DB_CONFIG documentation. You must also have check points defined.

By the way, this is mostly a problem for my slapo-accesslog database,
which has significantly more data in it (by a factor of almost 100) than
my actual database.  The insanity of all this is that I really just need
to grab the last successful bind and last unsuccessful bind date for each
user account, and I can't seem to find a better way to do it than with
slapo-accesslog.  Is there some other much more obvious flag or something
I could set on my LDAP server that would just record the last bind
attempt timestamps for each user account?

Use ppolicy maybe? I think that has last login tracking info.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer