Re: Entry cache hit ratio and aggregated logging

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:
--On Monday, February 02, 2009 7:42 PM +0200 kkalev <kkalev@gmail.com> wrote:

For the second part, why not just query it out of the cn=monitor backend?
It keeps track of completed operations.

--Quanah

You are right on that. I originally had the Sun DS behaviour in mind
where every so often it will post two lines like:
[02/Feb/2009:15:14:29 +0200] - INFO: 205837 entries in the directory
database.
[02/Feb/2009:15:14:29 +0200] - INFO: add:16, modify:218, modrdn:0,
search:117698, delete:5, compare:0, bind:217781 since startup.

in the error log. Keeping track of operations from cn=monitor should be
enough anyway.
What about the entry cache hit ratio?

Hi,

Please keep replies on the list. (sorry, reply instad of reply-all)

The entry cache is formed out of those entries that have been accessed the most, and are aged out based on hits.  So the entry cache should always have the items with the most hits, as I understand it.  AFAIK, there is no way to get the hit ratio from back-monitor or by other means.  But I could be incorrect. ;)

Well, being able to see the entry cache hit ratio would be nice so that i know if i got the value right :)
Usually a small percentage of the entries are accessed every day and my goal is to keep those in the entry cache.

--
Kostas Kalevras - Network Operations Center
National Technical University of Athens

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount