Re: delta-syncrepl missing changes

--On Friday, January 30, 2009 3:17 PM -0700 Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
wrote:
--On Friday, January 30, 2009 1:55 PM -0500 Francis Swasey
<Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

Yes, one of my co-workers calls reloading a fresh dump from the master:
"nuke and repave" -- and (sadly) we're getting good at it.   Which
brings up another question.  Back in the days of slurpd, we could force
a replica to accept a change by using the correct DN to send the change
it had missed.  Is there any way to do something similar using syncrepl
(or delta-syncrepl)?  I think the answer is no -- but as long as I'm
making a nuisance of myself, I figure I might as well ask.

I'd think you could use the -c option to slapd to give the replica a really old cookie and force it to fall back to doing a fully syncrepl refresh, but that's going to take a lot lot longer than slapcat/slapadd.

Do you really have to use slapcat/slapadd? Can't you just use a backup copy of the database from the master service? I mean one created with db_hotbackup.

Keep replies on the list.

It depends, if the architecture is the same on all of them, you could shut down the master, run db_recover to force all the checkpoints out, and then copy the DB & its log files over, yes. I've done that before. But what's guaranteed to be portable is slapcat/slapadd, so that's why I reference it.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer