Re: delta-syncrepl missing changes

On 1/30/09 1:09 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, January 30, 2009 9:45 AM -0500 Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

I am running OpenLDAP 2.3.39 (locally built) on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
4 servers with several replicas.  We use delta-syncrepl to keep the
replicas in sync with the master server.

The issue we have now experienced a few times is that if there are a LOT
of updates in the nightly batch update process, that not all of the
updates make it to the replicas but the contextcsn stays in sync, so we
see strange errors that eventually lead us to see that the replicas are
not current even though they think they are.

Yes, this was a known issue, and both the replicas and the master must all be on 2.3.43, and all the replicas reloaded from a fresh dump of the master. Once you've done that, it should take care of the problems you are seeing.

Yes, one of my co-workers calls reloading a fresh dump from the master: "nuke and repave" -- and (sadly) we're getting good at it. Which brings up another question. Back in the days of slurpd, we could force a replica to accept a change by using the correct DN to send the change it had missed. Is there any way to do something similar using syncrepl (or delta-syncrepl)? I think the answer is no -- but as long as I'm making a nuisance of myself, I figure I might as well ask.

Thanks,
 Frank