Re: How can I *really* disable schema-checking?

--On Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:06 PM +0000 Salim Fadhley <sal@stodge.org> wrote:

While it would be inappropriate to repeat a historical flaming, my
feeling is that it was a real nuisance to take a potentially useful
feature which people were innocently (ab)using - it was abruptly removed
without any simple migration path. I understand that disabling
schema-checking would be a foolish thing to do in a conventional LDAP
application (e.g. NIS), but many people use openldap for casual or
experimental purposes for which it is very convenient to allow an
"anything-goes" strategy.

It wasn't abruptly removed, it was announced as part of the changes with OpenLDAP 2.3 and forward. Realize that you are using an OpenLDAP release series (2.2) that is way behind modern times. There is a migration path -- Fix your data and your schema.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer