Re: OpenLDAP connecting to remote MySQL server with back-sql

Jason Backshall wrote:

That's what I was referring to in my original post - thanks for confirming :)

So just to be sure - there's no way to force back-sql to connect to a remote SQL server?

That should be entirely delegated to the ODBC layer, slapd shouldn't have anything to do with it. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of using ODBC in the first place? I have no time nor resources to look into this right now. If you can clearly indicate OpenLDAP's slapd is misusing ODBC in this sense, please file an ITS <http://www.openldap.org/its>, possibly with a patch that solves the issue.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309