Configuration of slapo-rwm with cn=config scheme

Dear all,

I am currently trying to figure out how to configure the slapo-rwm overlay with the cn=config scheme. So far I was unable to find any documentation on this. The only way I could help myself is by using a "fake" slapd-conf file and converting it with slaptest -f fake.slapd.conf -F testconfig.d/
What I managed to do:
1. I created a file with the following content:
$ cat rwm_moduleLoad.ldif
dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: rwm.so

and loaded it with ldapmodify -D "cn=admin,cn=config" -x -W -f rwm_moduleLoad.ldif

2. I tried to do the same with this file:
$ cat rwm_activate.ldif
dn: olcOverlay=rwm,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcRwmConfig
olcOverlay: rwm
olcRwmRewrite: rwm-rewriteEngine "on"
olcRwmRewrite: rwm-rewriteMap "ldap" "attr2dn" "ldap://localhost/o=org?dn?sub";
olcRwmRewrite: rwm-rewriteContext "bindDN"
olcRwmRewrite: rwm-rewriteRule "^mail=[^,]+@[^,]+$" "${attr2dn($0)}" ":@I"
olcRwmTFSupport: no
olcRwmNormalizeMapped: FALSE

When I wanted to add this file with ldapadd -D "cn=admin,cn=config" -x -W -f rwm_activate.ldif the following error message was returned:
adding new entry "olcOverlay=rwm,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config"
ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
	additional info: <olcRwmRewrite> handler exited with 1

Adding a file with only the follwing content suceeded:
$ cat rwm_activate.ldif
dn: olcOverlay=rwm,olcDatabase={1}hdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcRwmConfig
olcOverlay: rwm

Can anybody help me on how to proceed? My goal is to get the sample configuration from the slapo-rwm man page working which rewrites the bindDN if an email-address is given.
I am using
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.11 (Oct 24 2008 23:44:05) $
	buildd@palmer:/build/buildd/openldap-2.4.11/debian/build/servers/slapd
- the standard build on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex).

Thanks in advance for your support!

Best regards,

Proper