Re: slapcat error

Are you sure your active bdb backend files are kept in /var/lib/ldap? It seems weird that your installation is running OK if those are the only files you've got.
What do you have for the 'directory' directive in slapd.conf?

Adam Williams wrote:
My OpenLDAP installation seems to be running ok, running on Fedora 8 X64 w/ openldap 2.3.43., users and groups are operating fine from LDAP. however, i'm trying to make a copy of all of the data for backup purposes, and for some reason, I can't run slapcat.

[root@roark ldap]# slapcat -v -l /root/backup.ldif -b "dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us"
bdb_db_open: Warning - No DB_CONFIG file found in directory /var/lib/ldap: (2)
Expect poor performance for suffix dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us.
bdb_db_open: db_open(/var/lib/ldap/id2entry.bdb) failed: No such file or directory (2)
bdb(dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us): Unknown locker ID: 0
backend_startup_one: bi_db_open failed! (2)
slap_startup failed

so /root/backup.ldif wasn't created. I look in /var/lib/ldap and it contains:

[root@roark ldap]# ls -l /var/lib/ldap/
total 772
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root     2048 2009-01-07 12:02 alock
-rw------- 1 root root    24576 2009-01-06 16:59 __db.001
-rw------- 1 root root   368640 2009-01-06 16:59 __db.002
-rw------- 1 root root   270336 2009-01-06 16:59 __db.003
-rw------- 1 root root    98304 2009-01-06 16:59 __db.004
-rw------- 1 root root   557056 2009-01-06 16:59 __db.005
-rw------- 1 root root    24576 2009-01-06 16:59 __db.006
-rw------- 1 root root 10485760 2009-01-06 16:59 log.0000000001

Where are all the missing files!?!?!?!??!?! I'm scared to even restart slapd because it probably wouldn't start properly. On my server at home with a similar configuration, it has more files in /var/lib/ldap such as cn.dbd, id2entry.bdb, displayName.dbd, dn2id.bdb, gidNumber.bdb, memberUid.bdb, objectClass.bdb, sambaDomainName.bdb, sambaPrimaryGroupSID.bdb, sambaSID.bdb, sn.bdb, uid.bdb, and uidNumber.bdb.

So what can I do to get id2entry.bdb and such back on roark so that I can do a slapcat?