modifying replicated slave

Hi,

I have a busy master directory and need to replicate this to a quieter slave. The slave will have one client, which occasionally needs to make modifications to the directory. As I understand the documentation, in this situation the old slurpd would happily reroute the modification request to the master, and the change would eventually feed back to the slave. But I can't find anything about what happens in this situation with syncrepl. Does it just quietly accept modifications and allow itself to get out of sync with the master?

Thanks
Graham