Excess log.* Files

Hi,

I've noticed that adding users to LDAP groups seems to generate lots of log.* files.  Adding about 10 users to various LDAP groups (as 10 individual ldap_mod_add transactions from a PHP script) generates a 10MB log.* file, and in half an hour of running the script, I wind up with a dozen or more log.* files.

In my slapd.conf, I have:

checkpoint 100 10

and in DB_CONFIG, I have:

set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

But the log files stick around until I execute:

/usr/sbin/slapd_db_checkpoint -1
/usr/sbin/slapd_db_archive -d

Am I missing something here?  I'm thinking that based on my configuration, I should wind up with one or two log.* files at any given time, but it seems that the options are perhaps being ignored?

Tim Gustafson
SOE Webmaster
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@soe.ucsc.edu