Re: how to configure tls and ldap

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Alfonsas Stonis wrote:
> > Dec 11 16:47:41 axew0204 slapd[434]: main: TLS init def ctx failed: -34
> >
> > That would appear to be something in your log.
>
> Can you tell me where to look for this log?

He was responding to your comment that "there is nothing in log", as that
message was something in your log, however opaque it be.

> I understand that this can be
> clear for you. However the mystic line
> Dec 11 16:47:41 axew0204 slapd[434]: main: TLS init def ctx failed: -34
> tells me nothing.
> The explanation in documentation of error 34 (if it is correct error
> message) tells nothing too :(
> H.25. *invalidDNSyntax (34)*

That error number, -34, is actually being passed through from the GNUtls
library.  You'll need to consult the documentation for that library to see
what that error means when returned from one of the functions:
	gnutls_certificate_set_x509_trust_file
	gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file
	gnutls_certificate_set_x509_crl_file

Good luck!