Re: dublin core (dcSubject, dcTitle, etc.,)

"Brett @Google" <brett.maxfield@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I was looking for the dublin core schema for openldap (metadata for
> ontologies / search collections) ?
>
> I have found http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamilton-dcxl-02 which
> defines oids and ldap schema for the 15 dublin core attributes, but as
> an expired ietf draft. I created a test dublincore.schema from this.
>
> The draft is http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamilton-dcxl-02 which
> expired in 1998, unless there is newer one (although there are other
> examples of "draft" standarts in wide use) ?
>
> Anyone have any more recent information as to wether some form this
> draft was ever released as a RFC ?
>
> Alternatively, is there a better / more standard way of storing dublin
> core metadata in openldap ?

I don't know of any and the draft should be reworked. The object class
dcobject is dedicated to domainComponend Objectclass, and due to the
lack of equality rules the attributes are not able to being
indexed. If this schema still is required you should contact the
authors to rewrite the draft and submit it to the IETF for further
discussion.

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung