Re: unique_uri strict ?

----- "Andrew Findlay" <andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:

> > > Well, the <> clearly indicates it's a single argument.  Maybe an
> > > example, or a remark, would help not overlooking it.
> >
> > That's fine then. I just misread that syntax. Leave as is.
>
> Hmm - I think the syntax is sufficiently unusual that an example and
> note would save a lot of confusion.

Well < > are used all over the docs, I just didn't pick up on it.

> I am also wondering what happens when the URI itself would need
> quoting when used alone - e.g. a URI with spaces in it. Do we need
> to put quoted quotes inside the overall quotes, or is the one set
> enough?

Probably the same as any URI config line, until end of line?

> It would also be worth adding a note about *when* the unique_uri
> syntax became available (2.4.x). This sort of thing is useful when
> doing upgrades and also as a reminder when dealing with configs
> for older versions.

I'm pretty sure it's been in 2.4 all along. It appeared "Tue Apr 10 00:38:54 2007"
and 2.4 was out officially on 2007/10/31. So no worries there.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.