A better way for getting an ITS fix

Just bitten by ITS#5794. As you could imagine I need to patch my server
ASAP. That's what I did:

1. In the ITS page I see a message from hyc ack'ing the bug fix.
2. Have to dig openldap-commit message by message trying to hit days
near hyc'message date
3. Got
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-commit/200811/msg00035.html
saying passwd.c went from 1.141 to 1.142
and
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-commit/200811/msg00036.html
saying passwd.c went from 1.142 to 1.143
4. Go to CVS web ui and request unidiff for passwd.c from 1.141 to
1.143.
http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/servers/slapd/passwd.c.diff?hideattic=1&r1=text&tr1=1.41&r2=text&tr2=1.143&f=u

Questions:
- Is there a way to have information that links 1 and 2 so I
don't have to dig openldap-commit archive?
- In case a fix spans several files how should I proceed?

Regards,
maykel

    Red Telematica de Salud - Cuba
    	  CNICM - Infomed