Re: TLS problems with openldap

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
LÃVAI DÃniel <leva@ecentrum.hu> writes:

On Monday 27 October 2008 16.36.41 Philip Guenther wrote:
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, LÃVAI DÃniel wrote:
[...]
There are two ways to use LDAP with TLS/SSL:
1) start the connection in cleartext and then use the StartTLS
extended-op to initiate a TLS layer, or
2) negotiate a TLS/SSL layer immediately after connecting.

Alright, understood! Thanks!

The former is requested using the "ldap://"; schema with the -Z option
and is normally run on port 389.  The latter is requested using the
"ldaps://" schema and is normally run on port 636.  These are
distinct protocols: the client and server have to be talking the same
one or it just won't work.

[...]

With both ldapsearch(1) commands, I've been asked for my password, and I typed something bogus intentionally, in the hope of getting the invalid credentials message, but unfortunatelly, I didn't get it.

This sounds as if you have not removed the private part from the key, see man rsa(1), pkcs8(1). How did you create the certificates?

I have the key and cert in two distinct files.
I've created a certificate signing request, sent it to the CA, it signed it, and then sent it back. Now I have the signed certificate, and CA's certificate.

Daniel

--
LEVAI Daniel
PGP key ID = 0x4AC0A4B1