Re: Translucent overlays & replication.

----- "Gavin Henry" <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:

> > Yes, anything's possible with software. But first you have to
> clearly
> > specify
> > exactly what it should do, and why. At the moment I'm not sure I
> > understand
> > the present use case, or why it's a good one (I suspect there's a
> > better
> > approach but don't have enough details yet to say).
>
> Exactly. John, if you can provide your intended use case?

I see two scenarios:

1) the replica could pull everything from the local + remote

2) the "lastmod" attrs could be present also in the local database, but "hidden" (e.g. via ACLs), and only visible by the replication identity for replication purposes.

There might be more.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team