Re: Translucent overlays & replication.

 Andy.

  Thanks for the reply.

You can't because translucent uses back-ldap which disables lastmod, so
replicating the local database is at least impossible with syncrepl.

The solution I came up with was to slapcat/slapadd when I do changes to the
translucent db...

Would you mind elaborating? The slave server would have to be stopped to use slapadd?

What I find particularly puzzling is that there seems to be no recommended
way of doing this. Surely if translucent overlays are used then replication
of them is essential.

Regards,
John.

-- The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.