Re: Problem with adding entries

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Amanda Swearngin wrote:

I am unable to add any entries to my Openldap server. Here is the error message that I'm getting:

ldap_bind: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
	additional info: operation not supported within naming context

I have no idea what this means.

I only see that string twice in OpenLDAP code: once in back-relay, and once in bind.c. It doesn't look like you're using back-relay, so I'd wonder if ldapwhoami works?

(How something wouldn't be working for the rootdn is beyond me, but that's another story...)

You might want to start simple by using the Quick Start Guide:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/quickstart.html

If there really is an issue with binding, it's probably due to the ACL. But again, I can't think of how that would affect your use of the rootdn.