Invalid syntax :protocol information: no validator for syntax

Hi
I am trying to add the  value to the attribute "protocol information" which is required in our schema but I am getting the error

Invalid syntax :protocol information: no validator for syntax 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.42

from the earlier mailing list I have found The problem seems to be lack of validations in the schema_init.c source code for attribure 'Protocol Information'

 {"( 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.42 DESC 'Protocol Information' )",
  0, NULL, NULL, NULL},

isn't it that including values like  dnPretty ,UTF8StringValidate..etc in the code instead of NULL values may resolve the problem
this attribute protocolInformation is defined  in core.schema

I personally feel that for those attributes where validation are NULL in schema_init.c , the openLDAP should not force the validation and give this error message as all these
attributes in which validation are not defined becomes unusable .

So any idea how to resolve this ? there is any way to modify any of the config file in openldap to disable this validation  for protocol information ?
do I have to raise bug request for the same and is this going to be fixed in next openLDAP release.

Any help and suggestions in this direction is highly appreciated. as I am porting the schema from Sun directory server and  &  I have to use this protocol informatoin
attribute so as our LDAP application which is utilized by thousands of people  can be migrated to OpenLDAP.
I am not getting these kind of error in Tivoli/Sun and Microsoft Active directory for editing of this attribute .

thanks and regards
Prashant