Re: Upgrading 2.3.x -2.4.x

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Peter Clark <clarkp@mtmary.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have an OpenLDAP 2.3.43 implementation. Right now the database is rather
> small but I am looking at populating it fully (soon) and moving it into
> production to replace an ancient OpenLDAP install. 2.3.43 works, it does
> what I need it to but I am at a point that if I was going to upgrade now
> would be the time to make the jump. Is there any clear cut upgrade process?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Peter,

I'd suggest starting with the quickstart guide:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/quickstart.html

Also set up a test server and try to import the data in there to see
what could possibly happen (and from this list, things will happen :)

We are about to try moving to 2.4 ourselves, so I'd be interested to
hear on return of experiences from the knowledgeable people on this
list.

Cheers,
Steph