Re: openldap tls problem

Please check your ldap server.
How it was started? Check the port number. port must be 636.
Your apache might have the root-CA certificate which is validating your globalsign-domainssl.pem.

May be your client is failing to get the entire chain of certificates.
Make sure that /etc/openldap/ldap.conf has the TLS_CACERTDIR clause where all the certificates are present.
Use certificate-rehash utility to hash the certificates in the cert-directory.

I used to start my server using command
/usr/sbin/slapd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -d 127 -h ldaps:/// &

And to search the user I use
ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://ldapserverFQDN:636 -b "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
"(&(uid=testadmin1)(objectClass=inetOrgPerson))"

Thanks,
Digambar Yashwant Sawant