Re: Syncrepl issues in multi-versions environment

Thibault Le Meur wrote:
Hi Quanah,

I thank you for your answer.

Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
--On Wednesday, September 10, 2008 6:12 PM +0200 Thibault Le Meur <Thibault.LeMeur@supelec.fr> wrote:

We are having serious issues with syncrepl replication and our 3 openldap
servers. These issues first occurred when one of the servers was upgraded
to openldap 2.4.11 while the two others were (and still are)
openldap-servers-2.3.39 and openldap-servers-2.3.30.

I suggest examining the changelog for OpenLDAP 2.3, in particular the number of syncrepl related bugs since 2.3.30.
To be honest I've already read this changelog: It is true that the list of syncrepl/syncprov fixes is rather long and that a full upgrade to 2.4 is certainly recommended.
Though, such an upgrade is not always easy to do in a production environment: we have to prepare it carefully.
Moreover, I'm not always able to understand the implications of each fix. That's why I sent this email to the list with the aim to verify that our structure is supported (at least by openldap 2.4).

Can you not use your test environment and replicate the setup?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.