Re: schema replication 2.4

Daniel Paufler wrote:
Hell Again

Unfortunately, i still have a problem to replicate my schema with
openldap 2.4.

I found one thread in the archives [1], but it did not help me much.

Can anyone give me some hints how to replicate my masster schema to the
slave, but still be able to change e.g. LogLevel on my slave?

Regards

Daniel

[1]http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200702/msg00100.html

Daniel Paufler wrote:
Now, my whole LDAP dc=tree is aviable on the slave. If i now insert
syncrepl for cn=schema,cn=config

ldapadd -W -x -D "cn=admin,cn=config" -f init_slave_config.ldif

------
dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcSyncrepl
olcSyncrepl: rid=002 provider=ldap://masterLDAP
binddn="cn=admin,cn=config" bindmethod=simple credentials=<PW>
searchbase="cn=schema,cn=config" type=refreshOnly interval=00:00:00:10
---

When i now want to change the slave daemon loglevel by entering
olcLoglevel, i get an error 53: no update referral

summing up, when i insert schema replication, i can not change anythin
in cn=config on my slave - not only in cn=schema,cn=config.

How are you binding again for the loglevel change?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.