Entry size on disk

Good Morning,

Is there a way to calculate the amount of space required (disk and memory) when the schema (plus data) and index set are known?
When loading up from an ldif file I was surprised that the size from the ldif was about doubled when in the database. The backend I am using is the back-hdb.

Thanks
Michael Senn