Re: slapcat and BDB transaction-logs

2008/8/15 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>

--On August 15, 2008 1:51:37 PM +0200 tamarin p <tamarinp@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate a directory from OpenLDAP 2.3.x to an OpenLDAP
2.4.11 test installation.
<...>

My problem is with the backend transaction logs, though. These are
chucked out at a rate of approximately one per minute until the disk runs
out of space.
<....>

What flags are you using to slapadd?  What version of BDB is your openldap build linked against?  It's certainly worked for me to clean up the transaction logs while slapadding.

-Quanah

For BDB, slapd_db_stat2.4 -V says: Berkeley DB 4.6.21: (September 27, 2007).

For the flags to slapadd, haven't tried any other flags than -l to specify the ldif, and also -f to specify a slapd.conf to make sure it was using the slapd.conf I thought it was.

One other thing I noticed is that OpenLDAP itself seems to clean up just fine. I tried this by running ldapadd against a running slapd instead of using slapadd. The set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE seems to be working here, because there are never more than 2-3 log files at any moment.