Syncrepl replication with a non-slapd master?

Is it possible to use syncrepl replication with a non slapd master?

Being more specific, I would like to have a copy of several different
microsoft domains held on a slapd server. I've seen this question posed
in the archives but I haven't been able to find much in the way of an
answer anywhere.

Assuming that slapd + syncrepl will work with non-slapd masters, is the
next obstacle going to be making a schema that matches the active
directory shema so that replication can actually occur?

Are there any examples that anyone can point me to?

Many thanks

Grant