translucent overlay and binding

Hi,

I am trying to create an OpenLDAP instance for our programming team's test
environment. They want to have all data coherent with our production systems
except for some of the passwords, so I figured I need to use the translucent
overlay and override some userPassword attributes. I managed to do so, and I
can tell that the local value of password attribute is being compared, not
the one from the remote (production) server.

The probem is when users want to bind to the test server - their requests are
being proxied to the production server. I would like them to bind using the
overriden (local) credentials. Is it possible?

I am using OpenLDAP 2.3.43

Thanks in advance.

--
Mateusz