Re: make output of ldapsearch readable (disable base64)

Michael Ströder wrote:
At the moment I would not introduce other output formats than LDIF. The
usefulness of hex-dumps in comparison to base64-encoded data is debatable.

Agreed.

The only thing I could imagine without making ldapsearch schema-aware is
a command-line option defining which attributes to output as UTF-8. If
the user specifies jpegPhoto for that he's on his own if the raw binary
output messes up the terminal.

Perhaps an ldap.conf option as well. It essentially becomes a half-baked schema for the client side.
--
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com