Re: Problems with SASL EXTERNAL and ldapi:// on solaris

This is fixed as of 2.4.11.

Thanks everyone, Howard and Dieter in particular.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
Hi,

"David Markey" <admin@dmarkey.com> writes:

[sasl mechs]

> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
>
>     David Markey wrote:
>
>         When trying to bind to ldapi:// with SASL EXTERNAL auth i get this error from
>         slapd on solaris.
>
>         ==> sasl_bind: dn="" mech=EXTERNAL datalen=0
>         send_ldap_result: err=7 matched="" text="SASL(-4): no mechanism available: "

I have OpenLDAP 2.4.10 installed on openSolaris Nevade and found time
to test your problem and can confirm, that sasl external mechanism on
local socket is not available. My installation directory is
/opt/openldap and the local socket is /opt/openldap/var/run/ldapi.
ldapsearch -x -H ldapi//%2Fopt%2Fopeldap%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fldapi -b "" -s
base +
is successfull, a simple bind and a strong bind with digest-md5 is
successfull as well, but but the sasl external mechanism on local
socket is not available on Solaris, but on Linux only. The command id
gives the same results on Solaris and Linux. I just wownder if the
nonimplementation of sasl external mechanism on Solaris is intentinal
or a bug.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung