Request for Recommendation/Comments: adding another multimaster node

I have two multimaster nodes.

I would like to add a third node.

I wondered if there is a best method that has been observed.

Should I slapcat | slapadd , add the syncrpl lines, and start the servers 1 and 2 and then finally 3?

Should I just add the syncrepl lines and let it autobuild on 3 (starting in 1 2 3 order)

Should I do an ldapsearch and ldapadd and let the syncrepl fix the metadata attributes only ?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions.  I know I saw this on the list a while ago but I can't see to find it.
(I'll document for the admin docs with what I find)

Sellers

Chris G. Sellers |  Internet Engineer      |   NITLE
734.661.2318 |  chris.sellers@nitle.org
Jabber: csellers@nitle.org  | AIM: imthewherd