Re: size limit problem in 2.4.10

Howard Chu wrote:
> Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
>>      I've found what happened here:
>>
>>      1 - I put limits and sizelimit in the end of slapd.conf. You
>> have to
>> put it in the global section, after schemas and before ACL's;
>
> No. First of all, the placement requirements did not change between
> OpenLDAP 2.3 and 2.4. Secondly, the "limits" directive is clearly
> documented (see slapd.conf(5)) as being a database setting, not a
> global setting.
>
> When you originally posted, you implied that you simply updated to 2.4
> from an existing 2.3 installation. It seems that in fact, you
> installed 2.4 and also modified your slapd.conf at the same time. When
> you fail to post relevant details about what you're working with, it
> uses up a lot more of everyone else's time to understand what you're
> doing and how to help you.

    Howard, in my first post, I really just copy my slapd.conf from 2.3
to 2.4, and I've had that limits rules, in the end of slapd.conf. And
that did'nt work for me. I just told what happened, I'm sorry if I
did'nt give enough details of my configuration.

> I'm glad you have this working now, but you still need to go back and
> reread slapd.conf(5). Your assumptions and understanding of how things
> work is still wrong, and if you need to make additional changes in the
> future you will probably run into other problems until you understand
> how it really works.

    May be slapd.conf.default would have samples of limits and
sizelimit, including when somebody uses replication. I've wanted to post
to the list how I've fixed my issues just to help future ldap
administrators whith the same problem, with isn't uncommon.

    Thank you, anyway.

--
Jeronimo Zucco
LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certified

http://jczucco.blogspot.com