Re: slapd and multi core cpu's

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Jeronimo Zucco<jczucco@ucs.br>  writes:

Philip Guenther wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
    I'm using openldap 2.4.10. slapd is only using one cpu core of my
server. is it possible slapd use more cpu cores ?
If configured to use threads (which it should by default) and your
platform's threads aren't pure user-space, then "yes".  (All the
involved components, such as bdb and openssl, must also be compiled to
have a per-thread errno, if the platform doesn't do that by default.)

[...]
I did it, as you can see in my openldap configure log:

checking for LinuxThreads pthread.h... no
checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no
checking for pthread_create in default libraries... no
checking for pthread link with -kthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthread... yes
checking for pthread_yield... yes
checking for pthread_kill... yes
checking for pthread_rwlock_destroy with<pthread.h>... yes
checking for pthread_detach with<pthread.h>... yes
checking for pthread_setconcurrency... yes
checking for pthread_getconcurrency... yes
checking for pthread_kill_other_threads_np... no

OpenLDAP calls epoll on Linux and /dev/poll on Solaris. GNU-Pth ist not able to provide epoll or /dev/poll.

Dieter, are you hallucinating? GNU Pth has nothing to do with this.

--
  -- Howard Chu