Re: slapd and multi core cpu's

Philip Guenther wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
>>    I'm using openldap 2.4.10. slapd is only using one cpu core of my
>> server. is it possible slapd use more cpu cores ?
>
> If configured to use threads (which it should by default) and your
> platform's threads aren't pure user-space, then "yes".  (All the
> involved components, such as bdb and openssl, must also be compiled to
> have a per-thread errno, if the platform doesn't do that by default.)
>

> Philip Guenther
    I did it, as you can see in my openldap configure log:

checking for _beginthread... no
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes
checking POSIX thread version... 10
checking for LinuxThreads pthread.h... no
checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no
checking for pthread_create in default libraries... no
checking for pthread link with -kthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthread... yes
checking for pthread_yield... yes
checking for pthread_kill... yes
checking for pthread_rwlock_destroy with <pthread.h>... yes
checking for pthread_detach with <pthread.h>... yes
checking for pthread_setconcurrency... yes
checking for pthread_getconcurrency... yes
checking for pthread_kill_other_threads_np... no
checking for LinuxThreads implementation... no
checking for LinuxThreads consistency... no
checking if pthread_create() works... yes
checking if select yields when using pthreads... yes
checking for thread specific errno... yes
checking for thread specific h_errno... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... yes

    But slapd still using just one core. I'm running slapd with "ldap"
user, in a CentOS 5.2, BerkeleyDB-4.6.21, vanilla kernel 2.6.25.9.
Server has 4 cpu cores.

    I'm doing tests with multi-master replication, the replication is
working fine. I noted it when I was doing replication with other 2
nodes, the slapd in the first master is only using one core.

    Some tips ?

--
Jeronimo Zucco
LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certified

http://jczucco.blogspot.com