RE: Installation problem with Berkeley DB

Just to add that the last step in the link provided, running with the explicit option to not look for version 4.3

env ol_cv_db_db_4_dot_3=no ./configure --prefix=/opt/ldap

Still does not work and I get the following output:
checking for Berkeley DB major version... 4
checking for Berkeley DB minor version... 3
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb43)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-43)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.3)... (cached) no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4-3)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... Berkeley DB version mismatch
        header: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September 12, 2006)
        library: Berkeley DB 4.5.20: (September 20, 2006)
no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Without that option it does not fail at configure (although it detects the 4.3 version) but will fail when doing "make".
It is strange however that he does seem to know that version 4.5 is on the system, just refusing to use it.