Re: Force syncrepl client to do complete sync?

--On Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:23 PM +0100 Andrew Findlay <andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:

The current syncrepl implementation does not seem to handle this case very
well on its own, and I don't want to delete the whole of the slave DB.
Is there aome way that I can force a complete re-sync on a live server? I
tried deleting the contextCSN through LDAP, but of course it won't let
me do that on the slave.

Reset the cookie with the -c option to slapd when you start it on the slave server.

However, what you are doing is not supported for a reason. You aren't supposed to be changing the dataset the slave is supposed to replicate like that without forcing a reload of the DB (which is what -c is going to essentially do).

It'd be interesting to be able to slapcat a master with a given set of permissions in place so you could just create an LDIF dump specific to that replica...

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer